Collection of Historical Scientific Instruments

Professor Galison is Director of the Collection of Historic Scientific Instruments. The Collection was established in 1948 to preserve the University's collection of scientific instruments as a resource for teaching and research in the history of science and technology, has become one of the three largest university collections of its kind in the world. Originally associated with the Harvard library system, the Collection was placed under the stewardship of the Department of History of Science in 1987.

Visit CHSI's website for more information.

University as Collector: A History of CHSI